12 Step Program
Florida Center for Recovery addiction treatment center utilizes the proven
12-Step program, which provides a guided map to conquering drug addiction.
Coupled with targeted psychotherapy and other alternative treatments, the
12-Step program allows patients to measure their recovery goals one step
at a time, thus supplying a positive reinforcement throughout the treatment.
What Is the 12 Step Program?
12 Steps was initiated in the 1930's as a way to overcome the onslaught
of alcohol addiction.
This version of the 12 Step program below is an adaptation from the original 12
Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, and is intended for general use for those
coping with addictive or dysfunctional behavior.
The 12 Steps
- Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
- Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
- Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of
God, as we understood God
- Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
- Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
- Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
- Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
- Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
- Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
- Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong,
promptly admitted it
- Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out
- Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
Florida Center for Recovery and local Florida 12-Step Fellowships effectively
treat substance abuse disorders as well as behavioral disorders, such as
eating and gambling. Many patients have discovered the 12-Step program to
be their guiding light to recovery, encouraging their inner strength to
overcome once and for all the addictive behavior that has taken control
of their life.
For more information on addiction treatment in Florida such as: drug rehab, alcohol
rehab,prescription drug rehab,gambling addiction treatment,sex addiction treatment, mood
disorders treatment, post traumatic stress disorder, eating disorders treatment and dual
diagnosis treatment, or for a confidential consultation call toll free
Programs Patterned After Alcoholics Anonymous
Fellowships in this section follow reasonably close variations of the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE IN FLORIDA CITIES: