Art Therapy in Addiction Treatment
Art Therapy program at Florida Center for Recovery represents one of our most effective and innovative approaches to addiction treatment. This exciting complementary therapy helps our clients use creative expression to get in touch with their innermost feelings, often unearthing emotions they have never before confronted. Art therapy in our addiction program allows our clients to identify and overcome the many negative thoughts and emotions that go hand in hand with addiction. Art therapy is also extremely effective in helping to resolve addiction-associated mental health problems, such as anxiety and depression. In fact, scientists have proven that creative expression helps your brain release chemicals such as serotonin, which are effective in fighting depression. Many of our clients are astonished to discover how much creative energy is released through art therapy. We have found that art therapy is often the most effective therapy in helping addicts overcome the barriers impeding their progress during recovery.
Art therapy enables one to create tangible expressions of deep-seated inner feelings to help reveal more about the person, his or her fears and motivations. Once these inner expressions are released, our gifted art therapists work with individual client to confront negative emotions, that have impeded the client's recovery, and to ultimately reveal the hidden strengths that will help him or her to take control of his or her life.
Benefits from Exploring Creative Art Therapy During Addiction Treatment:
- Creating art enables you to create tangible images you can see and grow from
- Under an art therapist's direction, you will evaluate your work in order to help you identify behaviors you must change
- Art therapy provides a judgment-free vehicle that allows you to break through some of the negative emotions spawned by depression
- Taking part in this exciting activity while in group therapy can help one forge new relationships with others, as well as build social skills
- Art therapy promotes an emotional catharsis that can enable one to gain more trust in self, enrich the therapeutic relationship with the counselor, and enable him or her to accelerate the healing process
For more information on our addiction treatment programs and therapeutic approaches, call toll free at: 800-960-5041. Florida Center for Recovery offers residential drug and alcohol rehab treatment through 12-Step and Non 12-Step Programs.