Family Therapy in Addiction Treatment
Even though an individual's treatment is important, it is equally important to support the family system, as well as the relationship milieu that surrounds the recovering addict's life.
Please note that our understanding of what constitutes a family and "a partner" is intentionally broad, open-minded, and inclusive.
We value and respect the experience and views of family members, as well as significant others. Where therapeutically relevant, and with the client's permission, we are able to invite family members or significant others into treatment.
Our Family and Couples Program Provides Family Members and Partners with:
- A forum to learn positive communication skills and address chronic issues and concerns with the guidance of a professional mediator
- A chance to enhance mutual understanding of each others' needs
- A chance to reignite passion, respect and regard for each other
- An understanding of the psychological, medical, and spiritual aspects of the recovery process
- Meaningful ways of supporting loved ones through difficult times; and
- Referral to resources available in their community
On completion of our Family or Couples program, the client, their partners, and individual family members have the foundation to rebuild their relationships with each other, heal past wounds and create a new beginning for love and/or intimacy.
For more information on our addiction treatment programs and therapeutic approaches, call toll free at: 800-960-5041. Florida Center for Recovery offers residential and outpatient drug and alcohol rehab treatment through 12-Step and Non 12-Step Programs.